One of the biggest topics that our Success team guides new users on is how to set up their computers to run Kashoo as smoothly as possible. From bookmarking our log-in page for efficiency, to what browser to use for the best loading speeds, we like to make sure you’re on the right path to success in every aspect.
We’ve summed up the top 5 tips that we have for all users—whether you’re brand new or just need a refresher—to troubleshoot any snags and barriers that you may be facing with our software.
1. Bookmarking The Log-In Page
We’ve had quite a couple of customers who’ve forgotten how to log back into their Kashoo accounts after they’ve closed their window. Don’t stress! We’ll make it easy for you.
Just head to our sign in page: http://app.kashoo.com and bookmark this page. If you’re already signed in, it will redirect you into Kashoo automatically.
Once you’ve got this page bookmarked, you’ll never have to stress about finding the log-in page no matter how often (or how little) you visit Kashoo. Make sure to re-bookmark this page every once in a while to make sure it stays up-to-date.
2. Clearing Your Cache If Errors Come Up
Often when Kashoo does updates, you have to clear your cache so that your version of the software stays up-to-date and running smoothly. If you notice that you are coming across errors suddenly or that you Kashoo software is running slower than usual, try this quick solution!
Go to your browser settings (if you’re in Chrome, you can type in this link chrome://settings/)
Go to “Advanced” settings
Click “Clear Browsing Data” where you can clear history, cookies, cache, and more.
Clear your “Cached images and files”.
And voila! This should solve most of your error and speed issues in Kashoo!
3. Use Chrome or Firefox As Your Browser
If you’re still using Internet Explorer or Safari as your default browser, it’s time to update! Kashoo will run so much smoother and faster when you’re using an updated browser. We recommend Google Chrome (it’s what you see in our screenshots above!) but Firefox will work as well.
If you need help finding and downloading these browsers, follow the steps below:
For Google Chrome on Mac:
- Head to the Google Chrome downloads page and hit “Download Chrome”.
- Open the file called googlechrome.dmg.”
- In the window that opens, find Chrome .
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
- You might be asked to enter the admin password.
- If you don’t know the admin password, drag Chrome to a place on your computer where you can make edits, like your desktop.
- Open Chrome.
- Open Finder.
- In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .
- You can add Chrome to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Chrome to the dock.
For Firefox on Mac:
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Apple Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, please visit the Systems & Languages download page instead.
- Click the green download button to download Firefox.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) should open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox Icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, you can eject Firefox from your Finder sidebar.
- You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
4. Whitelist Kashoo Emails
Every once in a while, we get users contacting us about changes that they see in their software. Here at Kashoo, we are constantly improving and updating the software so that it continues to exceed your expectations and needs. With our bigger changes, we always send out communication through email to keep you in the loop.
To ensure you’re receiving all of our emails, make sure that firstname.lastname@example.org is whitelisted with your email provider.
For Gmail Users:
Add email@example.com to your contacts.
Google will usually deliver email from addresses that are in your Contacts.
Mark Kashoo emails as Not Spam.
Go into your spam folder, check for Kashoo emails and mark them as “Not Spam”. This will teach your email that emails from Kashoo are safe and welcomed.
Create a filter for the address.
Create a filter to tell Google to whitelist email from Kashoo.com
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner, and then “Settings”
- Click on “Filters” and then “Create a new filter”
- enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the “From” field or
- enter the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) you want to whitelist in the “To” field
- Click “Create filter with this search”
- In the box headed “When a message arrives that matches this search” select “Never send it to spam”
- Click the “Create filter” button
If you use a different email provider, check this list for directions tailored to you!
5. Resetting Your Password in Kashoo
If you’re a user that doesn’t sign into Kashoo often, it’s not unexpected to forget your log-in information. If you’ve forgotten your password for logging into Kashoo, here’s how you can quickly reset it to regain access!
Go to the Kashoo log-in page: http://app.kashoo.com.
Hit the “Forgot Your Password” link underneath the password field.
Enter the email that you used to sign-up with Kashoo. If you’ve forgotten what email you used, check your inbox for your Kashoo confirmation email which you would’ve received when you first signed up.
You will receive an email from email@example.com. If you don’t receive this email, check your “Junk” or “Spam” folder and make sure you whitelist this email by following the steps above.
Once you click into this link, you will be able to reset your password!
If you find yourself having issues with Kashoo, make sure to execute these tips and tricks to ensure your Kashoo experience is flawless. If you’re still having issues after completing any of these steps, feel free to contact our Success team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-888-520-5274, or by live chat in the bottom right-hand corner of this page!
If you haven’t already, make sure you sign-up for Kashoo today and try us for free for 14 days. Track your income and expenses, invoice your clients, and see your business’ financial standing at-a-glance. Don’t miss out!