Ready for an adventure? Kashoo is hiring a technical manager for the development team.
Kashoo is a well-established cloud accounting application with thousands of users. We have an easy to use and well respected web application and an award winning iOS app.
We are a small team based in Vancouver, BC with a hybrid working environment of collaborating virtually and working together in our Railtown office. We’re too small for departments and everyone works together to deliver on our goals. We pride ourselves on being able to accomplish big things with a small team, and are looking for individuals who are keen to make a real impact in their next role.
We are currently working on a new web application, intended to be the next generation of our proven accounting platform. This role will play a major part in continued development and delivery of the new web application.
- Have a strong technical background, preferably with past experience as a developer.
- Experience managing a development team
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with all stakeholders in a development setting: product development, testing/QA, upper management, marketing, etc.
- Experience recruiting and hiring for technical roles.
- Motivated, enthusiastic leader.
- Ensure development team is properly resourced: hiring necessary roles and managing budget with CEO.
- Give direction and coordination to the development team, ensuring development efforts are well aligned with product direction.
- Manage communications with outside technical stakeholders, including Kashoo’s infrastructure provider and third party integrations.
- Act as the point person between management and developers.
- Analyze and improve development processes on the team.
- Ensure development team is maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Work with developers to ensure technical debt is well managed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preference on technical background
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management role
- Strong understanding of Agile iterative development practices
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Have worked with issue tracking systems like JIRA
- Experience in managing budget for development
- Experience/understanding of the SR&ED grant application/qualification process.
- PMP certification
- Work from home or at our Railtown, Vancouver office
- Flexible vacation, take it when you need it
- Medical and dental group benefits plan
- Work with a great group of people who are passionate about their work
To be considered for this opportunity send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- a description of yourself
- cover letter & resume