Ready for an adventure? Love web development and turning great design into reality? Kashoo is hiring a multi-talented, full-time web designer to join our team. Your responsibilities will include: leading UI design of our next generation web app, applying UX best practices to hone design of our next generation web application, implementing style and layout designs, and helping build out features.
Kashoo is a well-established cloud accounting application with thousands of users. We have an easy to use and well respected web application and an award winning iOS app.
We are a small team based in Vancouver, BC with a hybrid working environment of collaborating virtually and working together in our Railtown office. We’re too small for departments and everyone works together to deliver on our goals. We pride ourselves on being able to accomplish big things with a small team, and are looking for individuals who are keen to make a real impact in their next role.
We are currently working on a new web application, intended to be the next generation of our proven accounting platform. This role will lead the charge in designing many of the interactions in this next generation app.
- Passionate about UX design principles and have experience applying them and gathering user feedback
- Have an eye for design and building beautiful, delightful to use applications
- Have experience in rapid prototyping techniques for feature discovery and refinement: mockups, wireframes, etc.
- Professional, detail oriented and committed to quality
- Enjoy wearing multiple hats in a small team environment
- Works well independently, self starter capable of managing multiple projects at a time
- Have experience building responsive websites with HTML5 and CSS3
- Are comfortable with source control systems like Git
- Have worked with issue tracking systems like JIRA
- Translate high-level requirements into intuitive and visually-pleasing user interactions
- Design and refine the look and feel of the application
- Review, test and analyze the application from a front-end, UX perspective
- Work closely with other developers to improve our applications
- Be a champion of design best-practices on the team
- Minimum three years web UI/UX design experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates previous designs
- Familiar with standard iterative development practices
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Good technical knowledge and can pick up new tools quickly
If you happen to hit more of the design points than the technical points (or vice versa!), please don’t hesitate to the apply as the exact skillset we are looking for can be flexible.
- Work from home or at our Railtown, Vancouver office
- Flexible vacation, take it when you need it
- Medical and dental group benefits plan
- Work with a great group of people who are passionate about their work
To be considered for this opportunity send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- a description of yourself
- cover letter & resume
- the answer to the question ‘What is the name of the company that makes the iPad?’ (hint: it’s the name of a fruit!)